Chemistry Alumni Reunion 2022-2023
CHEMISTRY ALUMNI REUNION 2022
Our November 2022 Alumni Reuion was a great success! Thank you to all our attendees who joined us virtually and to Peter Christensen and Orlando Rojas for their inspiring talks.
We look forward to our next Alumni Reuion in the Spring of 2023, stay tuned for more details.
Featured Guest Speakers
Please note: Our second alumni event for 2022-2023 will be held (in-person/on-line) in the Spring of 2023. Please stay tuned for further details.
Alumni Award Call for Nominations 2022
This is a call for nominations for the 2022 UBC Department of Chemistry Alumni Awards. Nominations may be made by any member of the Department or alumnus of the Department. Nominations are sought for two Awards:
Alumni Award of Distinction
This award recognizes an alumnus whose accomplishments are of such excellence that they provide inspiration and leadership to students and other alumni. The recipient has shown significant leadership either in their professional career and/or community service.
Young Alumnus Award
This award recognizes a young alumnus (aged 35 or under) whose accomplishments are of such excellence that they provide inspiration and leadership to students and other young alumni. The recipient has shown significant leadership either in their professional career and/or community service.
Process, Eligibility, and Criteria:
- Nomination Package should include:
- 1-page max. describing the accomplishments of the candidate related to the stated criteria, the impact of their role, and why they should be chosen for this award.
- If available, curriculum vitae highlighting their achievements and any other relevant supporting documentation.
- Submit Nomination package via online application form
- Nominees will be put forth to Dept of Chemistry Alumni Awards Committee who will use the criteria described above to determine recipients.
- All living UBC alumni are eligible.
- Posthumous nominations will not be considered.
- Deadline for nominations: Nominations are now closed