Congratulations to the following chemistry students who won awards at the 2012 Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition in Calgary, Alberta:
Dr. Takamasa Momose, Chemistry A327, email@example.com, 604-822-5401
1. J. Michael Hollas, Modern Spectroscopy (4th edition), John Wiley & Sons, 2004 (optional text).
2. Donald A. McQuarrie, Quantum Chemistry, University Science Books, 1983 (optional text).
3. P. W. Atkins and R. S. Friedman, Molecular Quantum Mechanics, (advanced reference).
4. Jeffrey I. Steinfeld, Molecules and Radiation (2nd edition), Dover Publications, 1985 (advanced reference).
5. Peter F. Bernath, Spectra of Atoms and Molecules (2nd edition), Oxford University Press, 2005 (advanced reference).
1. Combo Grade:
• Homework Assignments: 10% (about 1 assignment every two weeks)
• One Midterm Exam: 30% (covering the first half course material)
• One Final Exam: 60% (covering the entire course material)
2. Or 100% Final Exam, if your final exam grade is higher than the above combo grade. You must write the midterm exam in order to be qualified for this offer.
Dr. Takamasa Momose
Chemistry/Physics Building A327
Office Phone: 604-822-5401
Office Hours: Anytime, but please e-mail me first.
1. Review of Quantum Mechanical Background (Chapter 1)
2. Electromagnetic Radiation (Chapter 2)
3. Experimental Method (Chapter 3)
4. Molecular Symmetry (Chapter 4)
5. Rotation Spectroscopy (Chapter 5)
6. Vibrational Spectroscopy (Chapter 6)
7. Electronic Spectroscopy (Chapter 7)
8. Ionization Spectroscopy (Chapter 8)
9. Laser Spectroscopy (Chapter 9)
10. Modern Techniques in Spectroscopy