CHEMISTRY ALUMNI REUNION 2020
Thursday, November 19, 2020 and Thursday, February 18, 2021
Please stay tuned for further event details.
Alumni Award Call for Nominations
This is a call for nominations for the 2020 UBC Department of Chemistry Alumni Awards. Nominations may be made by any member of the Department or alumnus of the Department. Nominations are sought for two Awards:
Alumni Award of Distinction
This award recognizes an alumnus whose accomplishments are of such excellence that they provide inspiration and leadership to students and other alumni. The recipient has shown significant leadership either in their professional career and/or community service.
Young Alumnus Award
This award recognizes a young alumnus (aged 35 or under) whose accomplishments are of such excellence that they provide inspiration and leadership to students and other young alumni. The recipient has shown significant leadership either in their professional career and/or community service.
Process, Eligibility, and Criteria:
- Nomination Package should include:
- 1-page max. describing the accomplishments of the candidate related to the stated criteria, the impact of their role, and why they should be chosen for this award.
- If available, curriculum vitae highlighting their achievements and any other relevant supporting documentation.
- Submit Nomination package via online application form
- Nominees will be put forth to Dept of Chemistry Alumni Awards Committee who will use the criteria described above to determine recipients.
- All living UBC alumni are eligible.
- Posthumous nominations will not be considered.
- Deadline for nominations : Nov 1st 2020
- To nominate a candidate, please submit the online nomination form and other supporting documents in the nomination link below.