Quick Emergency Information
For all calls clearly state LOCATION and INJURY/NATURE OF EMERGENCY
INJURY/ILLNESS contact: Departmental First Aid Attendants or if not available: ON-CAMPUS FIRST AID: 2-4444
FIRST AID TIPS
- BURNS: Flush area for 20 minutes with cool water
- CUTS: Stop the bleeding with direct hand pressure
- FALL or UNCONCIOUSNESS: Since there may be serious unseen injuries, do not move the patient unless there is a life-threatening situation. Keep the patient warm.
- CHEMICAL EXPOSURE (eyes or skin): Flush with cool water for 20 minutes.
MAJOR EMERGENCIES: FIRE, POLICE, AMBULANCE & SPILL RESPONSE: 911
- FIRE EXTINGUISHERS are used for small fires. DO NOT WORK ALONE!
- SPILL RESPONSE: SPILL CART equipment is located outside Rooms A352, A237, B170, C126E, D413, E215 and E415. Hydrofluoric Acid Kit is located in Glassblower’s Shop D113. DO NOT WORK ALONE!
- Contact the Safety Office (7-5216) or RMS (2-5909) for spill clean-up advice.
- For spills greater than 1L, contact Fire Department (911) for backup.
- FIRE BELLS RINGING: STOP ALL PROCEDURES – turn off all appliances and gas valves. CLOSE ALL DOORS (DO NOT LOCK) after the last person has left the room. EXIT BUILDING IMMEDIATELY – DO NOT USE THE ELEVATOR. DO NOT RETURN until the Fire Warden has announced “ALL CLEAR”.
CHEMISTRY DEPARTMENT EMERGENCY MAP
Non-Emergency Contact Info
|Risk Management Services
|Student Health Services
|24 hours a day Trouble Calls
for: FLOOD, Failure of: ELEVATOR, ELECTRICITY, FUME HOOD or OTHER FACILITY PROBLEMS