Dry ice is available in Room B162 by self serve. Customers must have a standing account at Chemistry Stores to collect dry ice.
For JV customers, please follow these steps for collecting dry ice:
- Bring insulated container to Chemistry Stores, use scale to determine tare weight of container.
- Collect cryo gloves and key from Chemistry Stores.
- Walk to end of hall, unlock dry ice room (B162). CAUTION: Always keep door open while collecting dry ice.
- Wear cryo gloves, collect amount of dry ice required. Options are 10lb slabs or small nuggets.
- Return to Chemistry Stores, replace key and gloves.
- Weigh full container, subtract tare weight to determine weight of dry ice collected.
- Find your PI’s name/speedchart in the binder, clearly print the lbs of dry ice collected, the date and your signature.
If you require more than 15lbs of dry ice on any given day, please place an order two days before you would like to pick up. Fill out the Dry Ice Order Form and drop it off at Chemistry Stores with any of the salespeople. Or fill out the form in person at Chemistry Stores.
Customers should not remove dry ice bags from B162. They are reused.